https://londonorienteering.co.uk/2023/11/mue4yhmf I was bringing a meal to my NYE weekend in the Berkshires and I was thinking about what would be easy, travel well, and was good for a group of 8. I came up with mac & cheese. Who doesn’t love it. https://www.nnhopes.org/nnh-blog/nz83cmplx follow site Well, I didn’t love mine as much as I anticipated when making it the night before BUT I know what I’ll do for the next time around. It was too dry. The night I cooked it, there was an amazing looking creamy-ness and cheesy texture I couldn’t resist sampling a macaroni before baking. I cooked it part way before packing it, but maybe I should have kept everything separate since I knew I would have access to a kitchen.enter click
follow url *special note: this serves about 6 so I doubled it for 8 and had leftovers* https://mybeautybunny.com/sg7y217
1 pound large elbow macaroni source
6 tablespoons butter
6 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons mustard
5 cups milk
1 large egg
12 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
½ cup mozzarella, shredded
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
1 teaspoon koshersalt
Fresh black pepper
go to site 5 tablespoons butter
1 cup crushed potato chips
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
https://vilarriba.com/2023/11/06/wco9s2pzfi 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a large pot of boiling, salted water cook the pasta to a bit firmer than al dente.
3) While the pasta is cooking, in a separate pot, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and mustard and keep whisking until it is free of lumps for several minutes.
4) Cook bacon until crisp then chop into pieces.
5) Stir in the milk and simmer for ten minutes.
6) Temper in the egg. Stir in 3/4 of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Fold the sauce into the macaroni in the casserole dish. Mix in chopped bacon. Top with remaining cheese.
7) Melt the topping butter in a saute pan and toss the chips in to coat. Top the macaroni with the chips. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and rest for five minutes before serving.
go site Leftovers need some additional help to recreate the creamy texture so I add a dribble of milk or cream and a sprinkle of leftover cheese.go site
source link I think next time I make mac & cheese I will greatly increase the liquid and severely undercook the pasta since it’ll cook a bit when baking.Buy Diazepam 5Mg Uk
follow link Other great additions to baked mac & cheese are: caramelized shallots; cherry or grape tomatoes whole and basil; sometimes I make it Mexican with taco seasoning, pepper jack cheese, green onions, salsa, and topped with crushed tortilla chips. What should I add next time?https://www.nnhopes.org/nnh-blog/6gox2jzr0